Do you have an HDB registered renovation contractor?
An hdb registered renovation contractor is an individual who is already approved by the Housing Development Board (HDB) and has been issued with a contractor’s license. If you do not know whether your contractor is HDB registered, you should ask them to show you their license. If they cannot provide it, they are not HDB registered.
You are in luck if you are looking for a trusted and reliable HDB registered renovation contractor. Many such contractors have been approved to work with the Home Builder’s Registration Board (HBRC). Do you know how to find an HDB registered renovation contractor? You can search for them on the HBRC website or ask your real estate agent if they can recommend one.
Why is an HDB registered renovation contractor necessary?
An hdb registered renovation contractor is a professional who has taken an HDB course and passed the exam. In addition, they have to meet the requirements of the HDB Act, which includes having a license, insurance, and registration with the HDB Board.
One reason is that the only way to ensure that you are getting the best renovation service for your home is to hire an HDB registered renovation contractor. They have proven their skills and expertise in renovating different homes, so they know what they do.
Another reason is that some renovations can be quite costly, and it would be a waste if you were to pay someone without any experience. An HDB registered renovation contractor has been through rigorous training, so they know what they’re doing and can provide you with the best quality service at a reasonable price.
How to ensure that your renovation contractor is HDB registered?
When you hire a renovation contractor, it’s important to ensure HDB is registered. If they are not registered with the Housing Development Board (HDB), they won’t provide you with the necessary documentation.
The HDB requires all renovation contractors and property developers to approve a project to be HDB registered. However, it’s important to note that this is not a requirement for all contractors and developers, only those approved by the HDB.
Other requirements need to be met before a contractor can register with the HDB. These include:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction or property development.
- A building permits from the Building & Construction Authority (BCA).
- The contractor must be in good standing with the relevant licensing authority.
- The contractor must have a valid tax number and business registration number.
- The contractor must have a valid work permit and work pass for any foreign workers.
- The contractor needs to provide proof of insurance cover for all their workers, including public liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance.
- The contractor needs to provide proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of any project that they are bidding on.