Five common cases under family law that you have to know
There is a facet of law that focuses on family-related issues and problems and it is called family law handled by family lawyers or family solicitors.
Family solicitors are the ones who handle the family law or the matrimonial law and deals with different family matters by governing the rule of law to come up with a proper resolution in divorce, marriage, child support, adoption, civil unions, and other family-related issues.
The family law is created to preserve the rights of each family member and also always to up uphold the interests of the family structure as an entirety. If you keep reading this post from the best family solicitors in chester, you learn some of the most common family-related issues that are usually tackled in court proceedings under the family law.
- Divorce and separation– One of the most cases handled by family lawyers is divorce. Splitting after a married life is very complicated which can take years to completely settle everything because of the legal issues that arise from dividing assets and property, ownership, alimony, and of course child custody.
- Preparing for marriage– Marriage or the celebration of matrimony is a very special event, however, it is as equally complicated as how special it is. Although it seems to be very odd, it makes a lot of sense to at least get proper legal advice by consulting a family lawyer before you proceed with your marriage because they are the ones who will guide you through compiling all the legal requirements for your marriage.
- Civil union– Depending on what country you live on, the civil unions and the domestic partnerships are the types of civil statuses that are legally recognizing two individuals who are living together, but not married after all, they can either be same-sex or opposite-sex depending on the country’s law on same-sex marriage. Family lawyers are the ones who handle their marriage arrangements by being acquainted with the matters of this kind of marriage and union where they are the ones who will guide you through the legal processes that are needed.
- Adoption process– Child adoption meanwhile, is a very uplifting case to handle for a family lawyer, however, it is also one of the most time-consuming and strenuous legal processes that they handle which take months even years to be completed. A lot of adoption processes, unfortunately, fail due to the legal issues on the adoptive parents’ side.
- Child custody– Speaking of this issue which is still part of divorce is a very complicated issue that family lawyers handle when both parents want legal custody of their child or their children where conflict usually ensues. However, child custody is not initiated with divorce alone, there are many instances and cases that lead to child custody which includes child abuse of either parent, being negligent to their child or they are unable to provide sufficient support to their child anymore.